MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa Lake Tahoe
55 Highway 50
Stateline, Nevada 89449
Click here to make your hotel reservations online or phone (800) 648-3353 and mention group code STCGA2.
Dear Friends of the California Groundwater Association:
We are looking forward to being at the MontBleu Resort Casino & Spa Lake Tahoe in Nevada this year. We have lined up some new topics and revamped our vendor opportunities to make this event even more intimate! Please take a moment to review the schedule below. You will notice courses that will help you in your day-to-day work, as well as help you in your business preparations and planning on how you may even retire!
California Groundwater Association members are more than quality contractors. They are professionals dedicated to the water well industry and stewards of our water systems. The CGA Annual Conference emphasizes professionalism through continuing education, access to cutting-edge technologies, and updates from the legislature and other regulatory authorities affecting your business.
DON’T FORGET TO VISIT VENDORS!
We are pleased to provide a lot of one-on-one interaction with our vendors. Be sure to be on hand on October 15 from noon to 4:30 p.m. and once again that night starting at 6:00 p.m. through the end of the banquet! Make sure to see all the technology in the water well industry and experience California’s largest gathering of well drilling suppliers and manufacturers and thank them for supporting CGA.
EARN YOUR CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS
The CGA continues to look to improving our communication with not only our members, but the groundwater industry in California as a whole! YOU are a huge part of this and we look forward to continuing working with you and for you! Active associations rely on volunteers and we have a number of opportunities for involvement!
Schedule of events (subject to change)
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 14
- 7:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. — Registration, badge pickup
- 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. — NV Regulations Seminar (4-hour seminar put on by the Nevada Division of Water Resources)
- 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. — Golf (offsite)
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. — Lunch (on your own)
- 12:00-5:00 p.m. — Vendor set-up
- 1:15-2:15 p.m. — Seminar A — Casing and Pump Selection
- 1:15-2:15 p.m. — Seminar B — NGWA Drilling Cost Calculator
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. — Seminar C — Best Business Practices — From Invoices to Liens
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. — Seminar D — VFD — Basics to Advanced/Troubleshooting
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. — Seminar E — Employee Retention and Building Capacity
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. — Seminar F — Using Mobile Tech (Franklin, Grundfos, and more)
- 6:00-11:00 p.m. — Dinner Dance Cruise — M.S. Dixie
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 15
- 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. — Registration, badge pickup
- 9:00-10:00 a.m. — McEllhiney Lecture or Keynote
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. — Water Systems Council Update — Jessie Richards
- 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. — Buffet lunch — vendors
- 11:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. — General Membership Meeting
- 12:00-1:00 p.m. — Buffet lunch — attendees
- 12:00-4:30 p.m. — Vendor Time
- 4:30-5:15 p.m. — Manufacturer and Supplier Meeting
- 4:30-5:30 p.m. — Past Presidents Meeting
- 6:00-6:30 p.m. — Reception — Vendor Time — Silent Auction
- 6:45-10:30 p.m. — 71st Annual Banquet
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 16
- 8:00-10:00 a.m. — Registration, badge pickup
- 8:45-9:45 a.m. — Seminar G — OSHA Standards and Updates
- 9:00-10:00 a.m. — Seminar H — Mud Shakers — The Ins and Outs
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. — Seminar I — CARB Updates for 2024
- 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. — Lunch
- 11:15 a.m.-2:00 p.m. — CGAA Luncheon and Program